Posted in food, tagged parramatta on 30/11/2006|
Leave a Comment »
- When I have brain-dead-itis at 3 o’clock in the afternoon I can walk out of my office with some small change and purchase a hot BBQ Pork bun, or small pie, or a good hot chocolate.
- Good, healthy food for lunch is easy to find and cheap
- My favourite noodle shops have sister shops here so Pho and summer rolls are a regular delight.
- My baristas are friendly and helpful, so I am now regularly drinking macchiatos and loving it.
- People are generally relaxed, friendly and having a good time
- Trains are frequent
- I can spend my lunchtimes shopping if I want. Or at least browsing in book stores
hmmm, it’s mostly about the food.
Read Full Post »
Posted in geekery, tagged books, goals, webapp on 19/11/2006|
1 Comment »
So, you may have been thinking I was never going to resurface to this blogging thing. It has been a while, but I had to deal with a huge life shift recently and all my assignments were due in. One more to go, due tomorrow night; 2915 words down, 1000 to go.
Since procrastination is mandatory for those of us writing assignments (Hi MrSnerg!) I have been thinking about where to go from here, and remembered 43 things, a site where you list your goals and track them and look at what other people are doing. I’ve always been a fan of goals to keep some perspective in life and for an idea of what you want your future to be like, so thought I’d give it a go. The same people have also developed 43 places to list where you’d like to travel, apparently Australia is huge; and 43 people, so you can list who you’d like to meet. In a different format to these first three they also have All Consuming which is like LibraryThing except with CDs and movies etc. and Lists of Bests, about the best n things, which just seems silly to me, but would probably suit someone. While discussing LibraryThing, apparently it now has a “tell me what I would NOT like to read” feature, which could be amusing.
Read Full Post »