I just took a week holiday to Melbourne, to see some dear friends and to get to know the city a bit better after falling in love with it last July. Photos are here, if you are interested. Most of them are from the Digger’s Club’s Heronswood property
One of the things that I do when on holidays is start to relax a bit and think about how I want my life to be, so, since it is the season for resolutions I present the following.
2007 is the year of…
- Career Development and Consolidation: I now have a job I enjoy in an area that inspires me, so time to become excellent at it.
- Finance Consolidation: self-explanatory really, there are some things I want to do and have, so I need to get better with my money. I’d also like to not be worrying about cash at the end of every pay period.
- Developing Clean house Habits: believe it or not, I dream of living in a cleaner, simpler home, so time to remove the clutter and get some simple cleaning routines started.
- Live Adventurously: there is so much to see and do in this world. I don’t necessarily mean to take up extreme sports, instead I am talking about being aware of the different “adventures” that are available and get away from the couch.
- Rebuild Social Networks: I’ve met so many people that I no longer regularly catch-up with and would like to. More free time = ability to do this. This also relates to point 4.
- Fixing the World: a bit cliched, but the impulse has always been there. I’d like to make some sort of difference.
- Developing Healthy Habits: fitter, leaner, happier me.
In the words of the Cheese Eating Surrender Wombat: “If you make one resolution this year, let it be this: resolve to end apathy in yourself and in those around you. We are all in far too much trouble for this not to happen sometime soon.”